Got buzzed by a buzzard today (at Sacred Valley)
After winning an honorary Academy Award at the age of 6 and earning $3 million before puberty, Shirley Temple grew up to be a level-headed adult. When her cancerous left breast was removed in 1972, at a time when operations for cancer were shrouded in secrecy, she held a news conference in her hospital room to speak out about her mastectomy and to urge women discovering breast lumps not to “sit home and be afraid.” She is widely credited with helping to make it acceptable to talk about breast cancer.
Facebook fucked up.
Fiction teaches you about yourself.
- Pope Says Church Is ‘Obsessed’ With Gays, Abortion and Birth Control
- Hey, Everyone Involved in This Syria Shit Show
- Hip-Hop, Tolerance and a D.J.’s Bared Soul: He’s Tired of Denial
Legendary DJ tries to reconcile rap’s homophobia with his own self-identity.
- How Chris McCandless Died
Jon Krakauer revisits the ending of Into the Wild with new evidence.
- Why Generation Y Yuppies Are Unhappy
Required reading for city-dwelling 20 and 30 somethings.